A video was accidentally released by IGN earlier today, revealing the release date for the much-anticipated Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. According to the video, the worldwide release date for the game is on September 1, 2015. IGN and Konami have an advertising deal set up to hype the release of the game, and have promised to release new information soon.
The video has since been taken down. Somebody at IGN must have jumped the gun before Konami was comfortable with releasing the information.
Update: Konami has just confirmed the September 1, 2015 release date for XBONE, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS4 platforms. They have also announced the PC release which is on September 15, 2015. Konami has stated that the latest version of Metal Gear Solid Online will also be playable on launch.
They have also included information on the collector’s edition which will contain:
- Exclusive packaging
- A Map of the game world
- Collectible Steel-book
- Behind-the-scenes documentary and trailers blu-ray
- 1/2 scale replica of Snake’s bionic arm
- Various Weapon Skin, Camouflage, and Cardboard Box Skin packs
- Metal Gear Online Weapon and Item packs
- Metal Gear Online XP boost
They also revealed the contents of the Day One edition game which will have:
- The Map
- MGO XP Boost
- A Single Weapon Skin, Cardboard Box Skin, and Camouflage pack