In a recently held live stream, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida, From Software’s Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne’s Producer) and PR Yasuhiro Kitao revealed the changes coming to Bloodborne in the upcoming patch that is to drop on Monday, May 25, 2015. (which should be downloading for you now).
During the stream the team detailed the changes that the patch will make to the game:
- Matchmaking using passwords will now not have any level and oath restriction.
- Improved Chalice Dungeon boss drops (more blood gem drops).
- Upgrade materials will now be easier to farm via Chalice Dungeons:
Depth 1=Blood Stone Shards,
Depth 2=Regular and Twin Blood Stone Shards
Depth 3=Twin Shards and Blood Stone Chunks
Depth 5=Chunks and Blood Stones.
- The storage cap for Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets will be increased from 99 to 600.
- New tweaks for both weapons and hunter tools (will mostly be buffs).
- Rifle Spear bug will be removed.
- Blood Gem Imprint bug will be fixed.
- Various other bug fixes.
The guys over at Sony and From Software also told fans to look forward to detailed information about Bloodborne’s DLC, which will be unveiled after E3.
For now, get ready for the changes coming to the game via the 1.04 patch (which I am currently downloading as I write this article).