- Very happy that Penny Dreadful got nominated for Main Title Theme and for Outstanding Score; it has one of the best new opening titles I’ve seen, and its music is just wonderful.
- Speaking of music, Bear McCreary’s score for Outlander earned its nomination; it’s one of McCreary’s best scores yet.
- Main Title Design has some great nominees; it’s hard to pick a winner since they’re all good.
- Surprised that Janie Bryant didn’t get nominated for her costuming in Mad Men since that’s one of the most highly acclaimed things about the show.
- As predicted, both Tina Fey and Jon Hamm get nominated in Guest Comedy Actress/Actor. Hopefully Hamm wins in the off-chance he loses in his main category.
- Very glad to see The Late Show with David Letterman nominated for its final eligible year; the last time it was nominated was in 2010.
- The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst scored six nominations, all of which it deserved.
- Although it was expected, Kiernan Shipka not getting nominated for her work on Mad Men feels like a lost opportunity. I do wonder if January Jones could have been nominated in Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series since she was in less than half of the final season of Mad Men.
- Paul Giamatti’s nomination was a great surprise. He wasn’t among the people that I even considered but, on hindsight, his nomination is a no-brainer.
Share Your Thoughts!