1. No Mad Men? No Breaking Bad? No True Detective? GREAT SCOTT! Game of Thrones might actually win. Unless we see an upset from House of Cards or The Good Wife
2. I was thinking OINTB had it in the bag at first. But then again, last year’s acclaimed freshman comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine won. That might happen again with the growing popularity AND charm of Jane the Virgin. I’m also considering Transparent but the HFPA might want to avoid “controversy”. OINTB could also upset.
3. Once again, the lack of Don Draper and Heisenberg might actually lead to a Spacey win. Then again, Spader or Owen could upset.
4. Viola Davis is the prime frontrunner but Marguiles or Wright could upset.
5. I really want Louie to win but I’m cool with Tambor.
6. Refer to #2. JLD could upset.
7. With Cranston gone, can Cohle finally win? I’m cool with Fargo wins though, especially Lorne Malvo.
8. HA! It’s in the bag. McDormand gave a career performance in Olive Kitteridge. Spunky Molly Solverson or Elsa Mars could upset.
9. I’ll say Matt Bomer wins but Alan Cumming could upset. Even Bill Murray just cause he’s Bill Murray.
10. Definitely Kathy Bates. Then again, the HFPA does like Downton Abbey. Aduba could also upset.
11. All 3 underlined entries are A+ shows but I’m starving for some True Detective wins after the semi-drought from the Emmys so I’ll go with that. Had True Detective won back in the Emmys, I would easily say Olive Kitteridge.