TOYCON PHILIPPINES + POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE: A WINNING COMBINATION!
Once upon a time, TOYCON was just all about toys and collecting geeky stuff. Everything was under one roof with pop-culture fanboys, cosplayers, gamers and comic book nerds. This year, however, TOYCON heads off for uncharted waters. “ToyCon boldly goes to where no CON has gone before!”
Last year, Philippine TOYCON began an exciting partnership with Pop Life Entertainment, a leading international creative house and brand development company. ToyCon and PopLife wanted to create the ultimate Fan experience for Filipino pop-culture fans. ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience 2016 was the biggest celebration of all things pop-culture such as toys, games, movies, cosplay, anime, and collectibles.
FanXperience made ToyCon the staging-ground of the “ultimate fan experience.” The local fan base got to get up close and personal for the first time with international celebrities like Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones and Dean Cain from the Adventures of Superman. Now, on its 16th year, TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE 2017 takes it up a notch higher. It promises bigger entertainment and a whole new playground for the digital generation.
WHAT’S IN IT THIS YEAR?
TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE launches to the stratosphere with SEVEN international celebrities for the Filipino fans to enjoy an up close and personal encounter! The FanXperience will certainly give lucky fans a chance to interact one-on-one with these big celebrities through the live panels and Meet & Greet sessions. These include:
- Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
- Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
- Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
- Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
- Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
- Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed: Revelations
- Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
- Nana Yamada – Japanese idol and singer, graduated from Japanese idol group NMB48
TOYCON 2017 boasts of some of the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture! This year’s highlights include:
- Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
- Warner Brothers features its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
- Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS-CBN Licensing.
- The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
Other event highlights include:
- The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition
- The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
- Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV, Japanese Idol group Yanakiku, and top local bands
- ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
WHAT NEW FOR THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION?
Pop Life Entertainment brings your ideas to life in the Creator Stage! All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content. They can do this in the Pop Life Creator Stage at the 2nd level of the SMX Convention Center. Share your genius and get a chance to be part of a global leader in multi-channel
networks, Pro Am Studio!
Enjoy a brand new set of toys in a whole new playground at the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE happens on June 30 to July 2, 2017 SMX Convention Center Manila Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City!
The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment and co-presented by GLOBE. Sponsors include MaxiCollector, Arigatoys, the Gaming Library, Warner Brothers Pictures, Bankee, Toy Empire, Ano Toys, Great Toys Online, Hygienix, Bully Boys Collectibles, Big Boys Toystore, Hubbyte, Kramer Toy Warden, Devant, Mogu-Mogu, and Bruder Toys. Media partners include ABS-CBN, History Channel, Psicom, Manilascape, PBNet and Retro 105.9 DCG FM.